Wednesday, December 2, 2009

There are Books Out There

I am excited about the websites that offer free e-books. I don't know that much about adolescent literature that would be available free because there is no more copy write law. I liked the site, great big library that cost 12.95 per month for one classroom. I did not look into it extensively but I like the fact that they have children's books online for a low cost because then the students could have the books read to them using a reader which I'm assuming that we will find out about sooner or later in this class. Many of my students struggle with reading and do not do enough of it. They do like it if I read to them and they like a good story. I Think they would listen.

I really liked the British On-line Library and the ability to see and hear famous books and have them explained. I can see this being useful in Social Studies for primary sources and for a comparative religion class.

Many Books on the places to get free books looks similar to the other free ebooks web sites in the titles that they offer. I thought the Book crossing website was fun. Leaving books in different places for others to pick up read and then leave for someone else. it would be interesting to see where a book might end up. I would like to look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment