Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

I wish I had a bunch of Munchkin helpers:Had to add a couple of pictures that I just uploaded.  That has gotten easier on Flicker since the last time that I did it.  They've changed the website I think.  I like blogging and I hope that I can bring this experience to my students.  Still waiting on edublogger(at this point the Wiched Whitch of the West and her flying monkeys!!).  I have to be honest I have not checked my news reader in several weeks.  That's going to be ugly!  The last time I went through it I marked a number of posts that had great ideas in them.  Have not got back to review those ideas.  I enjoyed this class because it forced me to take time to learn new things about technology.  I intend to keep learning about how technology can enhance my teaching and I think that the RSS feed and twitter will help me do that.  I think I need to set realistic goals and keep trying to add one new thing and then another new thing and eventually I will have a large number of technology tools in my toolbox.  My first goal is to get my classroom blog up and running and to get blogs for my students.  Technology will also be integrated into my students 8th grade research project.  We'll see what happens after that. 

The Lion, the Scarecrow and  Tinman: My favorite exercises were Flickr, blogging, Twitter for the PLN aspect and delicious. 

How to keep a house from falling on you: The thing that I found most surprising was how MUCH there is to explore, learn and use pertaining to technology.  This class has made me realize that I will continue to need to take technology classes and/or keep exploring as new things are constantly being created. 


Visiting Emerald City: I liked the freedom to work on this project at my own pace.  There were a few times when I wished that I had been in a classroom so that I could have gotten help immediately but Mr. Anderson you were very prompt with replies to questions I had, I don't know how you could have done any better. 






Ruby Slippers:  It's nice tht the Emerald City is only a click away, but there's no place like home and I have to make a cake for tomorrow.  I had a good time and I learned a great deal. I hope everyone that's not reading this has a happy holiday season and to you Mr. Anderson all the best and thank you very much for being Glinda we'll change the spelling to Glenda, emphasis on the Glen  and guiding us on our journey down the yellow brick road (:    How is this for corny I'm going all out!!!







Over  The Rainbow:  See you down the road...


No comments:

Post a Comment