Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Roll Roll Rolling along

Well I made a search roll. I am happy to have this tool. The search roll I made is called Math games. I now need to learn how to add sites to this search roll, beyond the ones that would fit in the box. I can see this tool being useful in finding resources/activities for the classroom. Here is the link: http://www.rollyo.com/index.html  the one that says math games is the one I made.

Buyer beware I have not actually tried this to see what happens. Duh, probably should have done that before writing this post. Well I will do it and if there are "issues" I'll let you know.

I DO have isues with EDUBLOG!!!! I paid to be a subscriber so that ads could be blocked from blogs that I want to create for my students but I can't get it to work. After a great deal of searching (I read advice from the forum and followed it to no avail) I found a discription of how to email them directly but am still waiting for a reply. I have to say that while I know 39.95 doesn't buy much these days I wish that it bought a direct email link or a telephone number to call if you have a problem. I think I had to work too hard to find help with something that I paid for, but maybe I'm being Scroogy! Maybe I'm just dumb and should be able to figure it out on my own? I don't care I'm blaming them. I feel better now.

Update on Twitter. I found a REALLY great resource for practicing reading fluency and/or language learning (ESL) from someone that I am following on twitter. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was and I can't find the original tweet!! I need to search again but here is a link to the sight: http://www.englishcentral.com/en/videos Students can watch movie clips and other video clips from a wide variety of sources. They can stop the clip after each sentence and then listen to it, slow it down, get words defined etc. When they are ready they can record themselves reading the sentence and get a score. Then they can go back and listen to each word as the recording said it and as they said it. If I find it I'll retweet it as I have not retweeted yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment