Sunday, November 22, 2009

pod people please leave a message

Well now I see the edit HTML tab which I did not use when putting my links into my last post. Was that bad? I clicked on the links and it took me there. Am I the only one who can do that?

Are you a POD person? Are you? How about You?

I liked the explanation of pod casts, that was helpful. It sounds as thought they are easy to make so I can see using them in the classroom as a learning tool or means of assessment. I think the kids would like the idea that other people could see what they had made. Parents could access it from home so it would help connect the students to the outside world.

I subscribed to one pod cast about middle school teaching strategies. I have not listened to one yet. I keep coming back to the overwhelming factor. There are a LOT of pod casts out there. I think if I were going to use this technology personally I would want someone who had a podcast that they found valuable to recommend one. I don't feel like going through and trying to find the golden POD!! If YOU are a POD person and have found some golden pods there's probably one about, "On Golden Pond," let me know what they are!!

1 comment:

  1. Nora,
    You are right, there are tons of podcasts out there. It's easy to get bogged down trying to listen to them all. That happened to me. I had 50 subscriptions and thought I would listen to all of them. No way...I had to cut it back to the 4 I listen to the most. Whats nice is that I know the others are out there and can go back and listen if I want. Podcasts are also a great way to keep up with what you might have missed on a a radio program and they are an awesome way to have students demonstrate learning at the end of a unit or project.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete