Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Eyes are Burning!!!

No, I didn't see anything inappropriate on a Wiki, I'm just REEEEAALLLY tired(: I bookmarked the 21centuryedtech wiki and the Bear Den wiki. the Bear Den wiki has several great rubrics for note taking which is something that we will be doing when we do our 8th grade research project. I did not read a great deal on the 21st century wiki but I would like to go back to it. I like the idea of a wiki space. I liked the Bear Den use of the Wiki as an organizational tool so that things students need are all organized and put in one place. I can see myself using a wiki for this as I have a horrible ability to lose a piece of paper (Or a whole stack) in less than a minute!!!!! I would love to use the wiki for collaboration and writing but I fear that my students would not be able to stop themselves from writing something inappropriate or erasing someone else's work. I wonder how difficult it is to monitor as I have organizational skills issues as already mentioned. I am going to find out what our policies are pertaining to wikis, and see if anyone else in our building uses one. Yes this is all one big long paragraph and because this is not a wiki you can't go in and edit it for me and I am too tired to do it (:
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment