Monday, November 2, 2009

Hot Air Balloon, Montreal, Canada

I have been teaching for 14 years now, all of them with EC students. I think that tecnology properly used canbe a great motivator for students that struggle in the classroom. I looking forward to continuing to grow and feel comfortable integrating technology into my lessons. Through everyting that I have looked at there continues to be theme of TOO MUCH, for me. I would probably function better at centralized "hub" where others had already sorted through what's out there and selected things that have merit and are appropriate for my students. I feel site as thus described are vitral to teachers because we have so little time and so much to do.

When I started teaching I was at a theraputic day school in Cambridge, Massachusetts and we had no technology in the classroom. We did not even have class sets of text books. It was a school for students with severe behavioral and emotional disabilities. It was a great school with an excellent behavior management program, small classes, and couselors for all the kids. I see the benefit of technology in learning for motivation and reaching different learning styles, but there is no substitute for a caring people. Small classes and attention paid to the students' emotional well being are very important and often not tended to in public school due to too many kids and not enough adults.

Can you please give me a hand down off my soap box so I can go home...

Until week 4
are we in week 4 already? behinder and behinder I get

No comments:

Post a Comment