Saturday, November 7, 2009

RSS SOS

Well isn't that interesting!!!I created an RSS with Google and added many of the 21 best on the Free technology for teacher's blog. That part was very easy.
I was disappointed that I could not get blog pages from google blog search to work. The front page would come up but then would not go further and then I would get the "not responding " box. It's doing it right now for classroom 2.0 blog. MR. ANDERSON WHERE ARE YOU!!!! Are you in car 59??? Is that the right number??? If you were here could you tell me how to "Make it go?"
I will hit the end now button after I finish this post for week number four. There will probably be another post for week number four after I've had more time to investigate. I really want to read more about the flat earth project. I tried to join/subscribe but I have to wait 48 hours for an answer.
I think that many of these blogs will give me ideas to use in the classroom. Vague I know, but I haven't had time to read any of them yet. I will be trying to get to classroom20 @ home so I can read car 59/Mr. Anderson's most recent post.
I joined Technorati and when I get home I will go to my email to confirm this. I am thinking that then I will be able to subscribe to blogs that it finds. I did a search for special education and got a long, really big, large gigantic, enormous list, but when I clicked on one selection it was not the blog itself, but a description of it. More on this later when I've solved the mystery.
I can see where this would be a time saver and I am excited about all the new possibilities I have. Of course I never followed any blogs so REALLY I now have another thing to do (: I believe it will be beneficial how ever.
Once I have had time to review posts from the blogs I subscribed to I will post interesting info on my public page. Here is a link to my google public page. Just created and tried to link Flikr pics to it w/ no success. Also, one link to a post about "Are we too connected" which related to the Too Much technology and communication/connection issue. http://www.google.com/profiles/noradearborn
Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment