Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution # 1 & Seasons of Love

Resolution number one is to keep working on having more self confidence as  teacher.  I say keep working because I have been working on this since I started but no matter how hard I work or how much I learn or how much I improve I still have moments of feeling extremely inadequate. (We're talking 15 years here how sad is that)  If you are a teacher who has self doubts you are not alone.   I plan to do this by continuing to seek National Board Certification and to continue to improve my ability to use assessment to inform my instruction and to be sure that what I teach is concretely accessible and connected to real life.  I also want to integrate more technology. Perhaps our self doubts keep us from becoming complacent and in that way serve a positive purpose.
 From, Rent: "Seasons of Love":

Five hundred twenty-five thousand

Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes 
How do you measure
A year in the life?
How about love?
How about love?
How about love? Measure in love...

This holds true in the classroom as well as our personal relationships.  Measure you worth by the love you bring to your profession, your students, your co-workers.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment